Sunday, November 7, 2010

I love the morning because the world is fresh and new
There are those days where it seems like even though the sun may have risen a million times before, it never has risen like today
That big brilliant balloon filled with light shattered the darkness and chased away the thieves
Giving you enough room so that you can breathe and see clearly

I love the morning because of the silence
The silence that crept in during the night and lingered just long enough to be felt
It's a blank canvas
A sailboat waiting to be directed so that it can direct you

I love the morning because sometimes I imagine not being so alone
Waking up to a friendly face
Warm hugs and breakfast in bed
I can almost see you seating there on the bed
Eating banana pancakes and laughing at the silly things I say

I love the morning because it can speak to you if you listen
Sometimes I can hear it seducing me to step out
To leave this inside world and burst into a thousand pieces
So that I can experience a thousand moments
A thousand emotions
A thousand adventures all at once

But instead, there is only me
With this one moment
One breath to breathe
The possibilities still endless
The journey to take still up to me

No comments:

Post a Comment