Friday, December 17, 2010

In my dreams there is a river
Its current going north and south from where I can see
Boat silhouettes with bright lanterns
Are drifting around me

And in these boats are only shadows
Mere dark human forms
At their core they carry flames
A bright force that can be hidden, but not torn

Some carry within them only sparks
Dieing energy fighting to survive
While others carry a flame so rare
It has been said to cause explosions of colors to light up the sky

These flames they look for each other
I remember those days very well
A kindred spark, a twin glow
But I'm at the shore
And these days,
I'm more interested in those who ignite

So I hop from boat to boat
I watch each flame burn
And with every boat I enter,
I know I've left a spark behind
But only to receive another one back
Beauty attracts beauty,
So I find

Yet, it's been a while
And this time I find
Myself looking at a figure across the river,
On the other side

There is no sound,
There are no noises
Just two silhouettes who can't help but enjoy
The existence of each other's glow

No comments:

Post a Comment